Vegetarian Vegetable Lettuce Wraps with Spicy Peanut Sauce ( Keto) ~~~***~~~ Vegetarische Gemüse Salat Wraps mit scharfer Thai Erdnusssauce ( Keto)
nice of you to stop by again :-)... Starting from July 1st my son decided to go vegetarian for 4 weeks as a start.... in order to feed him and help him with his new diet I googled a lot of vegetarian blogs, looked recipes online and got a few magazines - what a great excuse to buy more cookbooks :-)
Yesterday morning I found this recipe from cooking light and lucky me had most of the ingredients in my pantry... I cooked the sauce, the rice and prepared the veggies... served it like on the picture.... my son like the whole composition very much but I would eat it without the lettuce next time... with this recipe, it didn't really thrill me... other than that the veggies are so yummy and who can resist a peanut sauce :-)
Enjoy this vegetarian dish and if you can't help it add fried chicken or beef.
Lettuce Wraps with Hoisin-Peanut Sauce
- Recipe by Laraine Perri, Cooking Light
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 4 teaspoons hoisin sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 (14-ounce) package extra-firm tofu, drained and crumbled (i omit that)
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 6 thinly sliced green onions (about 2/3 cup), divided
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 3 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha (hot chile sauce, such as Huy Fong)
- 1 cup matchstick-cut cucumbers
- 1 cup matchstick-cut carrots
- 2 cups hot cooked sticky rice
- 8 Bibb lettuce leaves
- 1. To prepare sauce, heat a small saucepan over medium heat. Add canola oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add shallot, and sauté for 2 minutes. Add 1/3 cup water and next 3 ingredients (through red pepper), and stir with a whisk. Bring to a boil; cook 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in lime juice.
- 2. To prepare filling, spread crumbled tofu in a single layer on several layers of paper towels; cover with additional paper towels. Let stand 20 minutes, pressing down occasionally.
- 3. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add sesame oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add 1/3 cup green onions; sauté 1 minute. Add tofu; sauté for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add 2 tablespoons cilantro, soy sauce, ginger, sugar, and Sriracha; sauté 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in cucumbers, carrots, and remaining green onions.
- 4. Spoon 1/4 cup rice into each lettuce leaf. Top with about 1/2 cup tofu mixture; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon cilantro. Serve with sauce.