Indian Ginger Mango Pineapple Zucchini Chutney





Hi there,




was such a lovely day out ... saturday about 29°C, sunshine and me heading towards my local farmers market with an empty basket... was on a mission to make jam and chutney today... on the German corner at the TOH bulletin board we had been talking about jam making the past days and id inspired me to get some jars out to fill and share with my friends... so here is the first recipe I made today I just used things that caught my eye - pineapple, ripe mangos, ginger, and zucchini... the rest I had at home anyhow....



Chutneys are especially nice to grilled meat and roasts, fish and cheeses.

Ginger-Mango Zucchini Chutney


300g fresh ginger cut julienne
300g orange pepper cut into little squares
250g zucchini cut in half lengthwise, cut again and then into wedges
200g fresh mango (i used 1 whole) into cubes
200g fresh pineapple cut into tidbits
100g golden raisins
4 red onions chopped roughly
2 organic lemons cut in quarters and then in slices
1-liter apple vinegar
1 kg preserving sugar
2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon

Put all ingredients but the sugar and salt in a big pot and let come to a boil on low heat (30 min) till veggies are tender.







Then add sugar and salt and let simmer for another 45 -60 min till most of the liquid has evaporated and reduces to a nice thick chutney. Fill into sterilized jars and seal.

Has to be stored in a dark place for 4 weeks before you can eat - the flavors need to mingle and set!! You got to be patient with this one!! But I tell you a quick test told me this one is going to be darling!!

Enjoy Alissa

Comments