Chapchae Jap Chae ~~**~~ Korean Noodle Salad ~~**~~ Koreanischer Gemüse Nudel Salat


Bildergebnis für chapchae

Jap Chae/ Chapchae... Korean Dish


Some of you know that I have to spend a year in South Korea as an exchange student.... during that year I had the wonderful opportunity to live in 4 host families in different areas of Korea... In my last family I was very fortunate to live in the house of my best Korean girlfriend and she loved to cook and so did her mom and aunt... this family was in the upper class and they had a luxurious kitchen for Korean standards.... so I spend a lot of my time that I didn't go out or work in that kitchen helping the maids and my host mom to prepare food... many things I have forgotten but many things I will never ever forget... I also got a cookbook from my host mom's sister in law - she had published a cookbook in the USA where she lived and taught cooking and home economics - Woul Young Chu.




















This wonderful older lady came to visit during my stay and she signed a book for me and gave me a cooking lesson... I was so proud and happy... This picture is from 1993...


Anyway today I flipped through that cookbook trying to decide which recipe to make and post... so I picked one of my favorites Chapchae... a flavorful light and easy delicates and today's Korean potluck dish number 1...



Ist möglicherweise ein Bild von Essen und Innenbereich

Here is the original recipe from Woul Young Chu...

Yields 3 people


Chapchae

1/2 lb shredded beef
1 bunch watercress
5 pieces soaked and shredded mushrooms
1 carrot shredded
1/5 lb Dang myun (Korean Sweet Potato Starch Pasta)
1 bunch scallion
2 onions
3 Tbsp sugar
3 tbsp soy sauce
1/4 tsp pepper
2 tbsp sesame oil
2 tbsp sesame seeds
2 tbsp minced garlic, scallions
2 tbsp rice wine

Season beef with 1 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tbsp sugar, 1 tsp sesame powder, sesame oil, minced garlic + scallions. Sprinkle with pepper an let stand for 30 min..and stir fry in a hot pan with oil heated high.
Wash and drain watercress. Cut into 2-inch length pieces and place in hot pan. Stir fry 10 seconds. The watercress should retain their original appearance. Put aside or out of the pan.

Stir fry mushrooms in a hot pan with oil. Add soy sauce and cook over high heat about 20 seconds. Get out of the pan and add to the beef and watercress in a different container.
Stir fry carrot in a hot pan with oil. Sprinkle with salt over medium heat.
Cut onion into slices and stirfry in a hot pan with oil medium heat until onion is done. add to the other veggies and let cool


Pour enough water in a deep skillet and bring to boil on high heat. When water comes to a boil, add Chinese noodles and cook until noodles are tender and smooth. Drain in a colander under running cold water and let cool.
Stir fry the noodles in a hot pan over medium heat. Turn over several times while noodles are oily. Add beef and vegetable, remaining soy sauce, and sugar. Toss frequently and sprinkle with salt and pepper and roasted sesame seeds.
Set in the serving bowl and garnish with shredded egg crepes, shredded red pepper, and pine nuts...

Serves 5



I made my own version today as I didn't have all ingredients I used snow peas, red and yellow pepper and I use left over roasted chicken wing meat that I shredded. I know I should have chopped the vegetables a lot finer and more precise but I have a hungry teenager waiting and I sort of decided to make this last minute.

Alissa


Bildergebnis für chapchae

Chapchae Japchae

ChapChae ist ein typisch koreanisches Gericht - eines meiner Lieblingsspeisen die ich viel zu selten machen... man kann jegliche Art von Gemüse und auch Fleisch darin verarbeiten

3 Portionen


250 Gramm Rindersteak oder Filet in feine Streifen geschnitten ( geht auch ohne Fleisch mit Pilzen)
1 Bund Wasserkresse oder Spinat
5 Shitake Pilze ( getrocknet oder frisch) oder Austernpilze
1 Karotte, Julienne geschnitten
100 Gramm Dang myun (Koreanische Süßkartoffelnudeln)
1 Bund Frühlingszwiebeln
2 Zwiebeln in Streifen geschnitten
3 EL Zucker
3 EL Soja Sauce (Koreanische am BEsten JinGoldF3)
1/4 TL Pfeffer
2 EL Koreanisches Sesam Öl
2 EL Sesam
2 EL Knoblauch, fein gehackt
2 EL Reiswein


Dekor: etwas Sesamöl, Sesam geröstet, feingehackte Frühlingszwiebeln



Ungefähr zwei bis drei Stunden vor dem Kochen weicht ihr eine Handvoll der getrockneten Shiitakepilze in warmem Wasser ein. Dann wird geschnippelt! In der koreanischen Küche ist es wichtig, alles wirklich klein zu schneiden. Also auch die Karotten in feine Streifen schneiden. Das Gemüse wird einzeln in der Pfanne mit etwas Öl angebraten und mit Sojasoße abgelöscht. Nur bei den Shiitakepilzen ist es wichtig ca. zwei Löffel braunen Zucker hinzuzufügen. Eine Ausnahme ist auch der Spinat: Den bitte ganz kurz ins kochende Wasser, danach mit Sojasoße und Sesamöl (und Sesamsamen) vermischen.
Dann werden die Nudeln ca. acht Minuten gekocht.
Nun alles in einer großen Schüssel vermischen. Mit einer Limette, Sojasoße und reichlich Sesamöl abschmecken.
Das Gemüse könnt ihr nach Belieben variieren. Wenn mal kein Spinat zur Hand ist, kann man den auch ersetzen. Ich habe z.B. vor kurzem Zuckerschoten benutzt oder auch mal Pak Choi.
Auch die Mengen des Gemüse könnt ihr nach eurem Belieben anpassen. Und die Eiweißbeilage? Auch hier passt vieles: Dünn geschnittene, angebratene Rindfleischstreifen, Tofu oder Hühnerbrust. Wenn es ganz schnell gehen soll, brate ich den Salat auch mal in der Pfanne an und schlage einfach ein paar Eier hinein.
Zur Dekoration kann man Sesamsamen, und/oder Frühlingszwiebeln darüber streuen (oder auch Chilliflocken), aber kein Muss! Das Gericht kann kalt oder warm gegessen werden und hält sich zwei Tage im Kühlschrank.

Comments

Post a Comment